Internship@Kyndryl – Junior Data Scientist
Zaměstnavatel: Kyndryl Client Innovation Centre Brno
Kyndryl Client Innovation Centre Brno (previously IBM)Kyndryl is currently a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Business Machines Corporation with the intent that Kyndryl will be spun-out.) - is the largest provider of information technology services and solutions in the world. Our principal activity includes the sale of a wide spectrum of IT technologies, from servers and storage systems to software and IT services, including consulting. Our primary focus is to look for the right solutions to support our clients' success. Our core activities focus on providing strategic outsourcing services – remote server and application support, networking services and end user support to our customers. Thousands of talented IT professionals at the center form a unique diversified team consisting of more than several dozens nationalities. Our centre provides services to clients around the world, ranging from leading world banks and phone operators to pharmaceutical companies.
Počet hodin za týden:
Místo výkonu práce: Brno or home office
Termín uzávěrky: 31. 1. 2022
Zveřejněno: 3. 11. 2021
A Junior Data scientists within the Business Insights team will analyze structured and unstructured data from diverse sources seeking underlying patterns and extracting valuable business insights to help inform and guide quality business decisions in cooperation with senior Data Scientists in the team. They will also create dashboards, that is, visualize various data sets to forecast future development, uncover stories, trends, or patterns for our clients.
- Gather data from a client or from databases and run analytic procedures.
- Automate data gathering
- Suggest, create and regularly provide reports (such as regular KPIs measuring in the form of table or graphs).
- Cooperate with data sources representatives to understand processes and to explore whether there is scope for improvement.
- Recommend ways to improve quality of data and processes and understand their business value.
- Extract, transform, and combine all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
- Not just simply collect and report on data, but also build statistical models, determine what they mean, then recommend ways to apply the data.
- Create visual presentations of analytics results and translate quantitative insights for a non-technical audience.
- Derive business insights through expert mathematical, analytical and computational techniques.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Maturita or Bc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinking, proactive problem solving, accuracy, team player.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages and analytics tools (e.g. R, Python)
- Interest in statistics, machine learning, natural language processing methods
- Awareness of modelling techniques and visualization tools (Tableau, Kibana, PowerBI) as well as types of visualization welcome
About the team
Within this Internship project you will work in the Business Analytics & Insights Team. We are a very fast growing international team of junior & senior data scientists. There are 19 of us, mostly Czech, but also an Indian, a Russian, a few Slovaks, a French and a New Zealander, all very open minded, friendly and helpful people. We work from home and we adopted Agile work style and meet regularly on Webex.
Our mission is to strengthen and transform Kyndryl organization towards the use of data for business insights to better understand client environments, suggest tailor-made solutions to client problems, win deals as well as optimize operations. We use various data science tools and techniques to expose insights in your data, improve delivery of service and accelerate innovation.
You can find more details about Internship@Kyndryl and other internship positions here: https://kyndryl.box.com/v/BrnoInternshipCatalogue
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org